If you LOVE when science confirms spiritual truths…and if you long for a way to no longer feel like a victim to your own emotions, this is the book for you!
You may be familiar with the author, Dr. Jill Bolte-Taylor, from her 2008 TED Talk and her best-selling book, My Stroke of Insight. In 1996 Jill Bolte Taylor, a 37-year-old Harvard-trained brain scientist experienced a massive stroke when a blood vessel exploded in the left side of her brain. A neuroanatomist by profession, she observed her own mind completely deteriorate to the point that she could not walk, talk, read, write, or recall any of her life, all within the space of four brief hours.
Although she did recover from that trauma and went on to write a best-selling book, she felt that she failed to help people see what the most important thing she discovered from that experience- that we are all one.
In this episode, I will share some of Dr. Jill’s story and her theory that the four parts of your brain are like four distinct characters within you. Once you learn about these four aspects of your brain, and how they influence you, you will feel empowered to CHOOSE who and how you want to be in every moment. You no longer need to feel like a victim of your own emotions!
This information has made a HUGE difference so me, and I am SO excited to let you know that Dr. Jill Bolte-Taylor is our guest next week! So be sure to tune in to the fascinating conversation we had and learn more about your own miraculous brain!
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“Peace really is just a thought away. It is always right there, and always available for you to embody” – Dr. Jill Bolte-Taylor from Whole Brain Living
1) Your brain is comprised of four main areas, and those areas have a ‘personality,’ so to speak: the Left thinking, Left emotional, Right emotional and Right Thinking.
2) Once you name them and begin to understand how they are influencing you, you can then CHOOSE who and how you want to be on any given day. You no longer have to feel like a victim to your emotions.
3) By gaining this understanding about yourself, you naturally have compassion for others. You will understand when someone is coming from a part of the brain that might be triggered, and you will be able to detach from them while still having compassion.
Click here to purchase Whole Brain Living by Dr. Jill Bolte-Taylor
To view Dr. Jill’s Ted Talk from 2008, click here
To join the Magnify Your Miracles membership, email me at email@example.com
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.