With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I wanted to share a book about someone who is a
true incarnation of the Divine Mother!
While the lives of male saints are well documented and in abundance, it is not as easy to find biographies of female saints, especially ones who are still living. That’s why I was thrilled to read Shree Ma, The Life of a Saint by Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
In today’s episode, I share how this book has touched me deeply, and in some ways even more than my favorite book Autobiography of a Yogi, because it details Shree Maa’s simple path of unconditional love.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“God cares only for the effort you make, not the route you take to find him.”
1) Shree Maa is not bound by caste or creed. She shows her motherly love to all, as is
illustrated by her visit to a maidservants house. Maa cleans the house, prepares several
meals, feeds her child and leaves flowers for her, all without letting on it was she who
2) Shree Maa believes that all paths and philosophies, though appearing different, are just
different branches of the same one tree.
3) Maa says “People want enlightenment. Do not think it is something different than doing
for others as you would have them do for you. Spirituality is very simple.”
Click here to purchase the book Shree Ma, The Life of a Saint by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
For more information about Shree Maa, visit her ashram website here
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.