Have you ever struggled with loving yourself? If you ever wished there was a manual about how to love yourself, you are going to LOVE this book!
In today’s episode I review the book Get a PhD in YOU by Julie Reisler. This is a book I refer to over and over, much like a textbook or a manual, because is so rich with tips about how to live as your authentic self. Julie shares her own journey with overcoming overeating, and how she learned to “nourish” herself instead.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“Self-care is self-love in action.” – Julie Reisler
1) “Nourishment” is not just about food; it’s about what you feed your body, mind and spirit on a daily basis.1) “Nourishment” is not just about food; it’s about what you feed your body, mind and spirit on a daily basis.
2) To determine if something is “nourishing” for you, don’t overthink it. Just ask if it makes you feel better or not. If it makes you feel better, it is nourishing. If it makes you feel bad or worse, it is not.
3) In this time of staying inside, take advantage of “going within” and spending some time with your authentic self. Get to know this part of you in a new way. This book is a great friend for these times.
Click here to buy Get a PhD in YOU by Julie Reisler
Click here to buy the companion journal
If you love the image of Mother Mary Blessing the World that you see behind me in the video, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.