If you are a fan of saints and sacred stories, you will LOVE this book!
Daughters of the Goddess: The Women Saints of India by Linda Johnsen is an oasis in the often male dominated field of books about spiritual teachers from India. Although this book was first published in 1994, four of the six women saints portrayed are still alive and well, and still sharing their unique wisdom!
In this episode, I will share how I discovered this book, and how YOU can easily connect with several of these powerful women saints. I will also read a few excerpts from the book, which chronicles the author’s own time with each of these saints and offers a rare glimpse into their daily lives.
Have you ever spent time with a saint? How has it impacted you? I’d love to know about your own experiences! Feel free to share and leave a comment.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“Over the past century, some of India’s foremost spiritual giants have acted to redress a seeming gender imbalance in their tradition. One after another, major Indian teachers have passed their spiritual mantle to women disciples.” Linda Johnsen, author of Daughters of the Goddess
1) The great women saints of India are often hidden from public view, doing their daily spiritual practices at home and passing their wisdom from mother to child.
2) Over the past century, some of India’s foremost spiritual giants have acted to redress a seeming gender imbalance in their tradition. One after another, major Indian teachers have passed their spiritual mantle to women disciples.
3) The six women saints in this book are all amazing, but this is not an exhaustive list. Sri Ma, Anandi Ma, Anandamayi Ma, Shakti Ma, Gurumayi Chidvalasananda and Ammachi are the six saints profiled, four of whom are still alive today.
Click here to purchase the book Daughters of the Goddess: The Women Saints of India by Linda Johnsen
To learn more about Shree Maa, visit https://www.shreemaa.org/
To learn more about Anandi Ma visit https://dyc.org/
To join the Magnify Your Miracles membership, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can
order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.