Would you love some food for your soul? Check out this month’s book, Anam Cara: A book of Celtic Wisdom by John O’Donohue. A combination of philosophy, prayers, poems and Celtic wisdom, Anam Cara will comfort your heart and nourish your spirit.
Although you may try to read this book quickly, I recommend that you do what I do; read it slowly, and over time, to digest and absorb its wisdom.
In this episode, I will share what ‘anam cara’ means, and how it is the perfect metaphor for your relationship with the Divine Presence. I will also share two prayer poems that are rich with blessings to inspire you. My intention is that this book and its wisdom touch your heart and help you feel the Divine Presence within yourself.
What do you do to nourish your soul? I’d love to know what books and practices help you fill up your ‘spiritual gas tank.’ Leave me a comment and let me know, and thanks in advance!
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“Friendship is the nature of God.” John O’Donohue author of Anam Cara
1) The Celtic phrase Anam Cara means soul friend. In the early Celtic church it referred to someone who acted as a teacher, companion or spiritual guide.
2) On page 131 there is a beautiful poem to bless the day called “The Deer’s Cry.” Celtic Spirituality has a great sense of the significance of each day, and how the new day is sacred. Imagine waking up and feeling that just the act of awakening was a gift!
3) On page 198 is the Blessing for Old Age, but it’s really a blessing for all of us. The final line of this prayer poem is “May you be blessed, and may you find a wonderful love in yourself for yourself.”
To learn more about John O’Donohue, visit https://www.johnodonohue.com/
To join the Magnify Your Miracles membership, email me at email@example.com
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.