You may remember this week’s guests as the authors of The Way of the Rose: the Radical Path of the Divine Feminine Hidden in the Rosary. They were guests last year in episode 26, and I am so thrilled to continue the conversation with them this week!
Since publishing their book, they have created a vibrant online community that encourages people to pray to “our Lady” by any name and form they choose, and a big piece of that is praying the 54-Day Rosary Novena. What is a novena? It’s a nine-day period of prayer, and as you will soon discover, the number nine is very connected with the Divine Feminine.
In this episode, you will discover the ancient origins of novenas, why Mother Mary recommends saying a novena for fifty-four days, and why ‘praying for your heart’s desire’ is not just good for you, it’s good for the planet!
Have you ever said a novena? Do you pray for your heart’s desire? I’d love to hear about your own experiences! Please leave a comment and let me know.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“Our Lady asks us to pray for our heart’s desire. If you don’t know what that is, ask yourself what you yearn for, what would bring you the most joy?”
– Perdita Finn and Clark Strand
1) The word novena comes from the word for nine and is traditionally a nine-day period of prayer. The practice goes back to ancient times and is not just a Catholic practice.
2) The 54 Day Novena is a practice of praying in petition for 27 days, and then praying in thanks for 27 days, whether you have received the answer to your prayer or not. Great miracles have occurred by doing this type of novena.
3) The practice of praying for your heart’s desire can heal the world. The rosary is proof against the toxicity of the culture, because if we know what it is that we truly want, the culture does not have that much power over us. We no longer look to the culture for our values, our satisfaction, our feeling of belonging
To find out more about their work, and to discover Rosary meetings, visit https://wayoftherose.org/
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.