If you’ve ever lost someone close to you, you know it can act as a catalyst in your life. That is what happened to me recently.
On January 19th, 2013 my best friend, Jana Carrington, passed away. She had turned 52 only two days before. It was not unexpected, as Jana was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003 and had a recurrance last year. It was a slow decline, and painful for me to watch.
Even though you may not have met Jana, you have been touched by her through me. She was my Reiki Master, my Al-anon sponsor, my teacher, friend, spiritual confidant and the first person to recognize my special connection with Mother Mary.
Her passing has caused me to reflect on my own life, and I have learned a couple of things from her dying process that I want to share with you.
In March of last year, she was sent home from the hospital with no hope from her doctors in Florida. She and her husband decided to seek treatment in Germany, which turned out to be very successful. (Jana ended up passing with no cancer in her body – it was the years of treatment that ultimately killed her.) When I found out where she was in Germany, I urged her to take a trip to the monastery of Hildegard of Bingen, only 90 minutes away. She did.
Jana had a profound experience with St. Hildegard in the chapel that she shared with me and that I will share with you. The statue of Hildegard came to life and spoke to Jana. She told Jana that she was hiding her gift of being a healer by only calling herself a Massage Therapist. Jana told me that she was finally ready to “come out” of the closet and own her true purpose as a healer.
My heart sank when I heard her say this, as I knew intuitively that it was probably too late for her to do anything about that, in this lifetime anyway.
But that event in her life, having a healing encounter with Hildegard of Bingen and claiming her Sacred Life Purpose has put a fire in my own soul unlike anything I have ever had before. It has made me realize these two things:
1) Working with the Mother Mary, the Saints and other Divine Beings is REAL and VERY powerful and that MY Sacred Life Purpose is to make this type of experience available to the world in any and every way I can!
2) That Finding and LIVING your Sacred Life Purpose is CRUCIAL to having a Happy and HEALTHY Life! Suppressing your Life Purpose uses your ENERGY, energy that could be used in healing your body, mind or any area of your life!
I might not be able to help Jana fulfill her purpose, but I can fulfill my own AND I can help YOU fulfill yours, and here is how I’m going to do that:
– I am creating an online Spiritual Community dedicated to Mother Mary and the Saints. This will help those who feel like “spiritual misfits” to connect with each other and to have access to the teleclasses and other resources I will make available. Stay tuned for more on this, as I am working on it as we speak!
– I am focusing on helping Holistic Healers, Spiritual Artists and Modern Mystics to find and live their Sacred Life Purpose, as I truly believe these people are the ones who will heal the world.
– I am going to create ways to support you in achieving YOUR dreams, such as holding “virtual barn-raisings” to give you the opportunity to speak your dream out loud and have your community help you make it happen!
These are just a few of the ideas that I have been working on. I’m sure more is also on the way.
One of the things I am looking to do to reach more people is to speak or present at other churches or spiritual centers. I can do this in person or via telclasses. If you belong to a new thought church or spiritual community and think they might benefit from my work, please let me know. I would truly appreciate it!
Please remember… Life is precious, time is fleeting, your purpose is waiting for you…