So many people ask me “Is alcohol OK for someone on the spiritual path?” I believe every person needs to decide this for themselves, and since I am a spiritual coach and mentor, in today’s episode, I am sharing some ways to help you do that.
I will go over some important things to keep in mind, especially for highly sensitive/ highly creative people. You will also learn the three “red flags” to watch for regarding alcohol.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“When you want to understand a spiritual teaching, let go of “right/wrong” and instead ask “Why?”
1. Why do some religions allow it and others don’t? Why was Jesus’ first miracle turning water to wine, but John the Baptist wasn’t allowed to touch alcohol?
2. When you want to understand a spiritual teaching, it’s important to let go of “right/ wrong” or “good/bad” and ask instead “Why?”
3. The goal of the spiritual path is absolute awareness, and anything that dulls your awareness, any substance or activity, is taking you in the opposite direction
My book Meditation is Friendship with God is available on Amazon.com.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.