Have you ever read the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman? It’s a great book that teaches the reader how to love others by learning their ‘love language.’ But I find that most highly sensitive souls are good at loving others but have no idea how to really love themselves.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“Learn YOUR love language and then do those things for yourself. This is the key to self-love.”
If this is YOU, I have great news! In this episode, I put my coach’s hat on and teach you how to apply The 5 Love Languages to YOURSELF! Once you begin speaking your love language to yourself, miracles begin happening in your life!
I would LOVE to know what YOUR love language is and if you are willing to give this self-love practice a try. Leave me a comment (one of MY love languages) and let me know!
1. The book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman outlines five ways that people experience love. Though he recommends focusing on learning your partner’s love language, I recommend learning your OWN!
2. The five languages are: Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service and Physical Touch. Which one is yours and how can you begin to show yourself love in this new way?
3. Ideas: Quality time – journaling, meditating, walking by yourself in nature; Words of Affirmation – practice talking to yourself with kind and encouraging words; Acts of Service – what kind thing can you do for yourself? Make yourself a nice dinner, etc.; Gifts – buy yourself some flowers, each week set aside an amount of money to gift yourself something; Physical touch – ask for hugs, get a massage, make sure everything that touches your body feels good (sheets, towels, clothes, etc.)
The book I mentioned is The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.