If you suffer from gut problems, whether it’s from food sensitivity, an eating disorder, or from unknown origin, this episode is for YOU! Most highly sensitive people I know suffer from digestive issues, which is why I am SO excited to introduce you to today’s guest, Eco-Nutritionist, Sara Keough!
Sara has helped me SO much in my own gut healing journey, and she has a powerful story to share about her own journey of healing from an eating disorder and the amazing healing power of food. With a background in ecological work, Sara applies the same principles that heal the soil to healing the gut, and with miraculous results! She calls this unique approach “Eco-Nutrition!”
Here is a little more about Sara: Sara Keough MS, CNS, LDN, is an “Eco-Nutritionist” who began her career in ecological work in her home state of Colorado and now practices as a clinical nutritionist in Maryland. She supports patients with a wide variety of health conditions including digestive issues, autoimmune disorders, heart disease, diabetes, and metabolic disorders.
Educating patients on the value of nutrient dense foods by consuming food from local, regenerative farmers is vitally important in her practice as this is an essential component of their healing process. Sara utilizes advanced functional testing in her practice to address the root cause of her patient’s issues and to regenerate their health from the ground up.
Sara is passionate about connecting our farming communities with the healthcare community, as she truly believes that regenerative farmers are healers of the planet and play a pivotal role in restoring human and ecological health.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“The same principles that heal the soil will also heal your gut. I call this “Eco-Nutrition.”
– Sara Keough, MS, CNS, LDN
In this episode, Sara shares her journey of healing her own gut and how working in harmony with the earth through the regenerative farming movement is an essential part of healing ourselves AND the planet. Everything Sara does is specific to YOU, no fad diets or trends. She helps you discover YOUR healing path, which is why I highly recommend her.
1. Most highly sensitive people have digestive issues. I believe this is due to not fully processing emotional energy, which directly affects the organs of digestion in the second and third chakras.
2. Sara believes that the state of our soil is a reflection of the state of our gut…the microbiome is depleted from overuse of chemicals and antibiotics, as is the soil.
3. By testing a person for their specific needs, you can zone in on the best approach for their healing. This is the best way to discover what is right for YOU.
To connect with Sara Keough, email email@example.com
The movies we mentioned are Kiss the Ground and Sacred Cow. Both teach about the power of Regenerative Agriculture.
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.