In last week’s episode, I reviewed the miraculous book Roar Like a Goddess: Every Woman’s Guide to Becoming Unapologetically Powerful, Prosperous and Peaceful by Acharya Shunya. This week I had the great honor of interviewing the author and asked her how we can discover our Inner Goddess Powers. If you are not familiar with Acharya Shunya, let me tell you a bit about her: Acharya Shunya is a truth teller, a mystic teacher, a trailblazing spiritual teacher and bestselling author who facilitates bold authenticity, divine awareness, self-remembrance, and wisdom pathways to awakening within. As the first female head of her 2000-year old Vedic lineage from India, Acharya Shunya’s openhearted, inclusive nondual teachings reinterpret and re-contextualize ancient Hindu teachings and goddess legends for modern times, always honoring her progressive Vedic roots while breaking the shackles of tradition to bring modern-day women, an inclusive, feminist spirituality. She is also my beloved teacher.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“Your true Self is a direct portal to the goddess dimension of this universe. You are not limited to seeking aid from an otherworldly feminine divinity; you can unearth goddess-like strength buried within your very being, here and now.” Acharya Shunya
In this very personal episode, Acharya Shunya shares her own path of overcoming patriarchal programming and owning her authentic voice. When I asked her what inspired her to write this book, she shared a beautiful story that brought tears to both of our eyes. She also shares a simple yet profound practice that you can do to awaken YOUR Inner Goddess Powers.
I hope you feel blessed by being in the presence of this great soul. If you would like to spend more time with Acharya Shunya, she is holding a FREE online Women’s Empowerment Retreat on Sept 17th, 2022 to celebrate her book launch. Click here for more info and to register.
1. A miracle is when you realize that YOU can change your life and circumstances, and that you had the power to do so the whole time!
2. To ‘Roar’ is to own and express your authentic voice. The three Goddesses, Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati, are powers that reside within you, and you can learn to access them.
3. Durga is the role model who vanquishes internalized misogyny. She helps you take back your power. Lakshmi teaches self-love and how to become self-valuing and self-celebrating. Saraswati is our guide for reclaiming the goddess from within.
To find out more about Acharya Shunya’s books and courses, visit www.awakenedself.com and www.acharyashunya.com
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.