Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if fear disappeared? That’s exactly what this week’s guest asked herself…and then dedicated her life to making it happen!
This interview was so fun for me, as SONiA disappear fear is not only an award-winning singer-songwriter, Grammy nominated artist and world-class composer…she’s also one of my dearest friends. She has been an inspiration to me, and countless others, not only for her amazing songs, but for her message…disappear fear…which she embodies and encourages us to do as well.
Let me tell you a little about her. Based in Baltimore, Maryland, SONiA disappear fear’s music defies being categorized. With over 21 albums out, her songs range from ballads to rock to folk. The common elements of her music are beautiful melodies and powerful lyrics that challenge injustice, performed with passion and hope.
She has played all over the world and has shared the stage with Pete Seeger, Joan Baez, Green Day, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow, Lucinda Williams, Joan Jett and Bruce Springsteen, to name a few. She came out as a lesbian long before it was popular to do so and has used her music as a platform to inspire people to stand up to oppression, both outer and inner.
In this episode, you will be inspired by her story of taking a leap of faith as an artist, giving up her day job to say yes to her purpose, and the many miracles that have occurred in her life because of it. One of the most inspiring stories she shares is, as a Jewish woman, facing her fear of touring in Germany. So powerful!
This episode is half interview and half concert, and if you are like me, highly sensitive and highly creative, you will treasure this time with a professional artist whose life has become her art. I hope this interview fills up your heart and soul as much as it did mine.
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“When you disappear fear between people, all that’s left is love. That’s the miracle.”
– SONiA disappear fear
1) SONiA disappear fear said yes to her gifts when she was just 19 but went full-time as a singer-songwriter ten years later. She took a huge leap of faith to say yes to her calling. One of the things that helped her was committing her art to an ideal…to disappear fear on the planet. This helped her keep the bigger picture in mind when things were challenging.
2) Combining her love of music with her political activism has made her a powerful force for positive change. SONiA disappear fear came out as a lesbian publicly way before it was in fashion and paved the way for others to do the same.
3) As a Jewish woman, one of her biggest fears was going to Germany. She never wanted to set foot on that soil, but she had the opportunity to tour there, so she faced her fear. Now Germany is one of her favorite places on the planet. Miracles happen when we disappear fear.
To find out more about SONiA disappear fear, visit https://www.soniadisappearfear.com/
To purchase her CDs or t-shirts, visit https://www.soniadisappearfear.com/store
The songs sung were:
1) Waking Up Your Heart from the album Deep Soul Diver
2) Princess and the Honeybee from the album Broken Film
3) Won’t Let Go from the album Splash
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
One of the world’s most successful LGBT singer songwriters, SONiA disappear fear (born Sonia Rutstein) is loved for her beautiful voice and songs that illuminate truth passionately delivered. Born in Baltimore and cruising relentlessly across the USA in the early 90s, SONiA has grown to be loved around the world. To see her is to believe her.
SONiA disappear fear released both a career-spanning retrospective album (Love Out Loud) and the composer’s cut of her first musical (Small House No Secrets) in 2020. Her previous studio album was her highly anticipated 19th CD By My Silence in January 2019. Currently, SDF has 21 award winning CDs including first round Grammy entries. “Her songs are a vivid celebration of the human spirit in all its infinite manifestations”, writes Don KeningChicago Daily Herald, “her music has a singular sound that makes labeling and categorizing a waste of time.”
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.