If you’re a highly sensitive soul, you are also probably a natural ‘giver.’ Helping people makes you feel good, and your sensitivity makes it easy for you to know what they need.
But how do you know if you’re giving too much? What are the signs?
In this episode, I share the pros and cons of being a giver, and how being out of balance with receiving sets you up to draw people who are ‘takers,’ leaving you depleted and resentful!
I’ll also share a few simple things you can do to get you back in the flow of giving and receiving instead of giving and resenting!
Watch the Full Video Episode:
“How do you know if you are giving too much? You feel resentful. If giving leads to resentment, it’s debting, because you are giving what you don’t really have..”
1) Highly sensitive people often know how others are feeling and can naturally give in a way that is helpful. But if you are giving to a ‘taker’ you will feel depleted and resentful.
2) Takers will not set any boundaries with your giving. They aren’t wired that way. YOU must be the one to draw the line.
3) The big red flag is resentment. If you feel resentful, you have given too much. When you feel resentful, stop, and ask yourself what you really want to do. Often, we give from a sense of obligation or needing to be liked. The is not true giving.
If you love the image on the wall behind me of Mother Mary Blessing the World, you can order your own museum quality copy at www.deepaliu.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
Great podcast Frances! As an empath, this is an important thing that I have to remind myself on every encounter before I spend my energy! You put out the message so succinctly for easy assimilation. I appreciate having known you and experienced your work for the past 20 years. So great to see you providing such a worldwide service!–Nancy xoxo
Thank you for tuning in Nancy! Yes, empaths especially need to be mindful of over giving. I am so honored to have been part of your own journey and to support your spiritual growth. Blessings to you my friend! 💜